grown up world...

Monday, July 28


I'm at the point in my life where I'm accepting the grown-up world realizing that there has got to be something that inspires us to keep living day after day. Something that in and out of itself, is a reason to live. so, how'd you know if you're growing up? well, it could be one of many different things, and maybe even a combination of other. Some of the obvious one would be improvement in physical appearance, weight loss or gain, or perhaps for others it means a bigger salary, a stunning car, a plasma tv, a condo unit, and many other material things that distract us in this life.

I beg to disagree, even for others, some of the above might actually be manifestations of being a grown-up. Not exactly true for me. Sure, I'd want to have a bigger salary, a plasma tv, and etc etc.. I mean, who doesn't? Material things make our lives so much easier, not to mention temporarily, or even permanently happier. But when you achieve those things, can you really say you're contented and happy? maybe to you, but not for me. go figure.
I am 24, female, and a patissier by profession. ( also studying culinary arts *wink* ) For some reason I feel i've grown more in the last few months than probably the last two years. Being in this field, bake, cook, and bake is what I do, and is constantly demanding of me more that i ever demanded for myself. And it is good thing because i feel that cooking challenges my discipline, time management skill, and creativity.

I used to whole-heartedly believe a different way about things than I do now. And one of the things I discovered that almost nothing can top, is ' affirming ' others. Like when someone does a good job inschool, there's nothing like telling her/him, "huwaw galing mo, dude. good work!" and with a huge smile, and im surely make a friends week. I did it everytime, and man, did it ever work!!!
No more outbursts, no more selfishness, no more bitterness, no more late night tears, no more broken hearts, no more shame. I have bid them all goodbye, and never ever to be missed.
There’s so much more that makes me happy, but in reality, most of those things are the smaller details in life. Maybe that’s just what I have to focus on - the little things. Just living. Making the most of what I have right now. I'm not saying that I'm all grown up. What I am most proud of is that I know that I am most definitely on my way.
kisses ;
katchy

0 comments: